The Lake District is a beautiful place to visit at any time of year, but especially in the autumn, when the leaves are turning from green to gold, and the roads are a little quieter. It is hard to beat The Inn on the Lake for location, comfort, food and service, and we are pleased to be returning to this comfortable hotel right on the shore of Ullswater.
Reduction of £12 for NT members
Travel Insurance £28.50 pp
Day 1 - Sunday
Once everyone is on board the coach we will drive through the Midlands and Lancashire. The final leg of the journey takes us over the Cumbrian fells and along Ullswater to our Hotel in Glenridding.D
Day 2 - 6
As well as time in which to explore the area around Glenridding and take a boat trip on Ullswater, excursions will include:
* Windermere Jetty. Opened by HRH Prince Charles in spring 2019, this spectacular new £20 million museum tells the story of boats and boatbuilding in the Lake District
* A full day tour with a Blue Badge Guide exploring the Cumbrian Fells and Yorkshire Dales National Park
* A tour and tasting at the award-winning Lakes Distillery
* A boat trip on beautiful Derwentwater
* Sizergh - a house and garden that has been home to the Strickland family for more than 750 years
* The historic city of Carlisle with admission to Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery, where you can travel back in time to the Roman occupation and uncover the mysteries of Hadrian's Wall.
Day 7 - Saturday
We set off for home after breakfast, with happy memories of our holiday in the Lake District, and reach Sussex late afternoon for taxis to your door.B
THE INN ON THE LAKE
This popular 4-star hotel has one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District (see main image), with lawns sweeping to the shores of Ullswater. The Hotel was awarded Cumbria Tourism Large Hotel of the Year in 2013 and prides itself on courteous and friendly service. The Lounge Bar has stunning lake views, perfect for a coffee, pre-dinner drink or night cap. There are 47 bedrooms with hospitality tray, hair dryer, telephone, free Wi-Fi and Freeview TV. Some rooms look towards the mountains and fells, and others over the ever changing Lake. There is a lift to all floors.
There is a supplement for guaranteed lake view rooms. Enquire for prices and availability
|From Price||Call Back||Telephone||Favourites|
| 04 Oct 2020||£749.00|||||
| Show/Hide Pricing |
There is no pricing information available. Please contact us for more information.
The website timed out while searching for the departure dates. Please try again.
|Room Types||Price Per-Person|