Lincolnshire is a relatively forgotten part of England but has lots to offer, with charming market towns, historic houses and gardens and, of course, the City of Lincoln with its beautiful medieval cathedral. You will stay at one of the best loved hotels in Lincolnshire, situated in attractive gardens and steeped in history.
* A visit to the ancient stone market town of Stamford
* The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre experience Lincolnshires aviation heritage at close quarters
* The City of Lincoln including a canal trip with an entertaining and informative commentary
* Doddington Hall & Gardens, an Elizabethan mansion with walled courtyards and
* The Kinema in the Woods, opened in 1922 and unique among British cinemas
* The National Trusts Gunby Hall & Gardens
* Belton House. The perfect English country house set in its own deer park
The Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa
Once home to the famous Dambusters Squadron, the Petwood is more than just a hotel. The building started its life in the 19th century, when springs were discovered below it, adding the Spa to the village of Woodall and attracting wealthy Victorian visitors. Over the years kings and queens, opera singers and actors have stayed at the Hotel and, in 1942, it became the headquarters of RAF 617 Squadron, otherwise known as The Dambusters. The Squadron Bar has a range of memorabilia and tributes to Guy Gibson VC, Leonard Cheshire VC and their officers. The 30 acres of gardens were originally designed by Harold Peto, and you can even see a prototype bouncing bomb in the memorial garden. All bedrooms are elegantly furnished, with generous-sized beds and tea/coffee making facilities. The Hotel has a lift.
|From Price||Call Back||Telephone||Favourites|
The website timed out while searching for the departure dates. Please try again.
|Room Types||Price Per-Person|